Peripheral pump, also known as vortex pump, belongs to the vane pump family and is mainly comprised of the impeller, pump body and the housing cover.
1. High head, low flow: head of a peripheral pump is usually 3 to 4 times that of a centrifugal pump that comes with the same impeller diameter.
2. May function as fire pumps and small boiler feed pumps.
3. Highly volatile and liquid-containing gas can be transported, like in the case of delivering and pressurizing hot water.
4. Stable flow, reliable performance.
5. Low noise.
6. Good mixing effect inside the pump.
7. Simple construction, small size, light weight, easy installation and maintenance.
8. By their own nature, most peripheral pumps usually have efficiencies between 20% and 40%, and the utmost is 55%. The relatively low efficiency hinders the vortex pumps from developing into heavy-duty ones.